Get the Latest on Facebook!

You can get the best of Out by Ten (and much, much more!) on Out by Ten's Facebook page "Family Friendly Prince George's."

I'm now a full-time work-outside-the-home mom and while we're still going on TONS of family adventures, making time for the adventures (verses making time for writing about them!) has taken priority in my life right now.

But have no fear! Our new Facebook page is a great resource for all the wonderful family-friendly stuff happening in Prince George's County and the greater Metro DC area. Be sure to check out the Out by Ten archives on the right for lots of great activities!

Head over and give me a like and I'll see you on your wall soon!


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Advent Activity Calendar

via Martha Stewart


Inspired by Amy at Teach Mama and Jordan at Oh Happy Day, I've put together an Advent Activity Calendar for our family this year. Each day, December 1 through December 25, when Lucas opens that day's drawer on our first-ever advent calendar he'll find a fun activity for that day.

Several of the activities are things we already planned to do or attend: the town Christmas Tree lighting, a visit with Santa, his nursery school's Christmas program and our parents' group holiday party. Other things are easy and fun things we would have done anyway: shop for our giving tree gifts, dance to holiday music, make paper snowflakes, write a letter to Santa, watch a Christmas movie, deliver treats to friends, bake cookies.

A few things are easy but will blow his mind: camp out on the living room floor under the Christmas Tree, drink hot cocoa with marshmallows for breakfast.

And, several more are local holiday activities which I'll be writing about over the next few days.


{So sorry for my very long absence. I undertook a big venture over the past eight or so months that didn't leave much time for blogging. But, I'm now back, hopefully regularly.}


Original post by Out by Ten. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing a low key version of this for Maevy, but I'm already looking forward to when she's older and I can plan activities like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks!