Get the Latest on Facebook!

You can get the best of Out by Ten (and much, much more!) on Out by Ten's Facebook page "Family Friendly Prince George's."

I'm now a full-time work-outside-the-home mom and while we're still going on TONS of family adventures, making time for the adventures (verses making time for writing about them!) has taken priority in my life right now.

But have no fear! Our new Facebook page is a great resource for all the wonderful family-friendly stuff happening in Prince George's County and the greater Metro DC area. Be sure to check out the Out by Ten archives on the right for lots of great activities!

Head over and give me a like and I'll see you on your wall soon!


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sleepover at the Smithsonian

Way back when I was a Girl Scout, our troop joined other troops from central Pennsylvania to sleep at one of those hands-on type museums in Harrisburg, PA. I have no idea if the museum still exists or what it was called, but to this day, I vividly remember spending the night there. It was seriously one of the coolest experiences ever.

But you know what would be WAY more cool? Spending the night at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History!

I don't usually write about the things that PR reps send to me, but, my friends, even though Lucas is too young to join in on this adventure, it has crossed my mind to do it myself!

That's right, the Smithsonian is offering a limited number of spots for a limited number of sleepover nights at the National History Museum in July and August. According to the website, you get to screen an IMAX film, join a scavenger hunt, have a guided tour then sleep in the Sant Ocean Hall, Mammal Hall or Hall of Dinosaurs.

So, it is a bit pricey, $125 general admission or $115 if you are a resident member and you have to be 8-12 years old (chaperons must be 21 or older). But, if you can swing it, I am sure this would be a true once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Original post by Out by Ten. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks!